Re: Error Log

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:19:27 -0800

Use a Database Trigger AFTER SERVERRROR.

[careful, the table might fill up pretty quickly -- e.g at my site a load job ignores ORA-0001 errors but this table gets a lot of ORA-0001 errors !!]

Try this :

drop table system.oracle_errors;
create table system.oracle_errors

        (db_username  varchar2(30),
         db_session_id  number,
         db_process_id  number,
         unix_process_id varchar2(9),
         client_process_id  varchar2(9),
         client_program  varchar2(48),
         client_machine  varchar2(64),
         client_terminal varchar2(30),
         client_os_user  varchar2(30),
         appl_user_name  varchar2(100),                  -- exclude if not
using Oracle Apps
         appl_responsibility_name  varchar2(100),     -- exclude if not
using Oracle Apps
         appl_form_name  varchar2(80),                    -- exclude if not
using Oracle Apps
         err_timestamp date,
         error_msg varchar2(2000))

tablespace customd -- or any other TBS storage (initial 4M next 1M maxextents 500 pctincrease 0) /

create index system.oracle_errors_ndx1
on system.oracle_errors(appl_login_name,err_timestamp) tablespace customx -- or any other TBS
storage (initial 256K next 256K maxextents 500 pctincrease 0) /

create index system.oracle_errors_ndx2
on system.oracle_errors(err_timestamp) tablespace customx -- or any other TBS
storage (initial 256K next 256K maxextents 500 pctincrease 0) /

create index system.oracle_errors_ndx3
on system.oracle_errors(error_msg)
tablespace customx -- or any other TBS
storage (initial 1M next 1M maxextents 500 pctincrease 0) /

drop trigger system.oracle_errors_trg;

create or replace trigger system.oracle_errors_trg after servererror on database
begin
insert into system.oracle_errors
select s.username, s.sid, p.pid, p.spid, s.process,

        s.program, s.machine, s.terminal, s.osuser,
        f.user_name, f.responsibility_name, f.user_form_name,   -- exclude
all three if not using Oracle Apps
        sysdate, dbms_utility.format_error_stack
from apps.fnd_signon_audit_view f, v$session s, v$process p -- exclude apps.fnd_signon_audit_view
where s.audsid = userenv( 'sessionid' )
and s.paddr=p.addr
and p.pid=f.pid(+);                          -- exclude this join if not
using Oracle Apps
end;
/

At 06:19 PM 29-08-03 -0800, you wrote:

>Is there anyway to setup oracle on the server side to log all fail and error
>transaction in a file or something? I mean, error/fail transaction due to,
>eg: Integrity Contraint violation, Check constraint, Not Null constraint, any
>other error.
>
>It would simply debugging since then we don't have to output / catch and send
>error and SQL statement on the application level.
>
>System: ORACLE 9i on Redhat Linux 7.3
>
>Thanks.
>RDB
>--