RE: How to log into a 9.2.0 database that has a hung archive

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_ESPN.COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 06:31:05 -0800

Why would you want to stop the archiver to gzip and move old archive files? You could write a script that will select from v$log_history view and the output can be fed to your gzip_and_move procedure.

We do it all the time, our process wakes up every 2 or 4 hours (based on the time of the day) and does the job, for 6 production databases 24x7.

I believe your problem might go away if you _stop_ the process that stops and starts the archiver.

Raj

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal. QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !

Author: Jamadagni, Rajendra
  INET: Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com