RE: Results of OCS mailing list survey

From: <David.Schmoldt_at_gazettecommunications.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:19:34 -0800

We're one of the many companies running the soon-to-be-desupported Microsoft Exchange 5.5 server. In other words, we're being forced to go through a major change; either upgrading to the latest and greatest Microsoft Exchange version, or looking at other options such as OCS. Both are pretty wrenching changes to make.

We have some Oracle consultants coming in a few weeks to give us a demo of OCS. And I'll be looking for info at OracleWorld. It definitely sounds good on paper, and the pricing is competitive.

But we'd sure like to hear of any real-world experiences. Such as the recent comments about it being a bit difficult to administer. (Which will probably be fixed in the next release, of course).

That probably doesn't justify the need for a seperate list, but I am interested in hearing about any OCS hands-on experiences.

Dave

  INET: David.Schmoldt_at_gazettecommunications.com