RE: How to keep "root" out?

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:14:26 -0800

Now, I use to know a Unix admin who did exactly that thinking he was in a private subdirectory. He spent the following 36 hours rebuilding the server & restoring the database, after that he tried to explain what happen for another 3 hours to the powers that be, and the remainder of the day cleaning out his desk.

Moral: Do not login as "root" unless you absolutely have to.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

Author: Mark Leith
  INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk

Author: Goulet, Dick
  INET: DGoulet_at_vicr.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 28 2003 - 13:14:26 CDT