RE: optimizer_max_permutations

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:59:29 -0800

This makes me think of a stat that would be nice to see...it would be nice if I could see how many permutations the database was going through for each sql statement that it parsed. I might have a database that rarely uses more than 1000 permutations and I might have one that typically uses 10,000. By determining how often the statement is parsed and how many average permutations are used I might be able to more effectively judge the impact of lowering or raising this value.

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com

Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: Ethan.Post_at_ps.net