RE: RE: display x square

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 06:34:32 -0800

Manoj

   I agree entirely with Stephane. For most of us the display is based on the ASCII character set, which doesn't have the character you desire. If you go beyond ASCII, then you are in the "device-dependent" region. For example, if you wanted to print this on an HP laser printer, then you'd need to locate the HP manual for that printer and then send the character sequence to the printer that would produce the character you wished. I think you'll have to research whatever device you will be using to produce this. Another thought is to see if HTML can define superscript characters (I'll bet it can), and produce an HTML file for better device independence.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com