RE: NEXT_EXTENT and PCT_INCREASE

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:24:26 -0800

Initial_extent and next_extent in DBA_TABLES show what you requested. Initial_extent and next_extent in DBA_EXTENTS show what Oracle actually allocated. You have an LMT with an 8M uniform extent. When you request 170M initial extent, that request is recorded in dba_tables and then Oracle will allocate 22 extents of 8M each to satisfy the 170M initial request and record that in dba_extents. That's the smallest to be equal or greater than the requested 170M.

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
http://www.centrexcc.com

Author: Wolfgang Breitling