RE: Onames and various connections scenarios

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:29:26 -0800

Bob,

I understand what you are saying (and your pain). My suggestion would be to use the 'namesctl dump_tnsnames' command to dump out the current Onames repository to the PC's $TNS_ADMIN dir via a login script or SMS. You might want o rename the current TNSNAMES.ORA file just prior to that as dump_tnsnames adds to the end of the current one and doesn't handle changes very well.

Hth,
John Kanagaraj
DB Soft Inc
Author: Bob Metelsky
  INET: bmetelsky_at_cps92.com

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Aug 26 2003 - 14:29:26 CDT