export full=y

From: Thomas Day <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:44:28 -0800

9.2.0.3.0 Enterprise Edition
on Win2K
using the 9.2.0.1.0 client.

export hangs on "exporting object type definitions"

TOAD says that it's trying to 'ALTER TYPE "OE"."ORDER_TYP" COMPILE SPECIFICATION REUSE SETTINGS' If I query v$session_wait I get:

       SID SEQ#
---------- ----------
EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1
---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
P1RAW P2TEXT
-------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
        P2 P2RAW
---------- --------
P3TEXT                                                                   P3
---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
P3RAW     WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE
-------- ---------- --------------- -------------------
        13         65
null event
                                                                 1413697536
54435000
         1 00000001
                                                                          0
00               -1               0 WAITED KNOWN TIME

         1        640
pmon timer
duration                                                                300
0000012C
         0 00
                                                                          0
00                0               0 WAITING

         2        735
rdbms ipc message
timeout                                                                 300
0000012C
         0 00
                                                                          0
00                0               3 WAITING

         3       1660
rdbms ipc message
timeout                                                                 300
0000012C
         0 00
                                                                          0
00                0               0 WAITING

         6          5
rdbms ipc message
timeout                                                              180000
0002BF20
         0 00
                                                                          0
00                0            1792 WAITING

         7        370
rdbms ipc message
timeout                                                                 500
000001F4
         0 00
                                                                          0
00                0               3 WAITING

         4       1465
rdbms ipc message
timeout                                                                 300
0000012C
         0 00
                                                                          0
00                0               0 WAITING

         5        160
smon timer
sleep time                                                              300
0000012C failed
         0 00
                                                                          0
00                0             305 WAITING

         9      31569
library cache load lock
object address                                                   1780751228
6A241B7C lock address
1766095492 69447A84
100*mask+namespace                                                      501
000001F5          0               0 WAITING

        12       1273
SQL*Net message from client
driver id                                                        1413697536
54435000 #bytes
         1 00000001
                                                                          0
00                0              19 WAITING

         8        235
wakeup time manager
                                                                          0
00
         0 00
                                                                          0
00                0              13 WAITING

11 rows selected.

I haven't analyzed the SYS schema and I haven't tried anything other than a FULL export, mostly because I only want a FULL export. This looks as if it's related to Bug:1874468 which says that it's fixed in 9201. Was it re-introduced in 9203?

The manual is no help and Metalink is crawling. I guess that their unbreakable broke. Most of the pages that I'm looking for are unavailable.

Did anybody else have this problem and was able to solve it and will to share the solution?

TIA

Author: Thomas Day
  INET: tday6_at_csc.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Aug 26 2003 - 11:44:28 CDT