Logical standby's progress

From: Kaing, Leng <Leng.Kaing_at_team.telstra.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:54:26 -0800

Hello everyone,

Env: Oracle 9.2.0.3, HP-UX B.11.00

We've got a logical standby running at the moment and at times it falls well behind of the primary database. We're querying the view DBA_LOGSTDBY_PROGRESS to see view its progress but this view is WOEFULLY slow! It can take anywhere up to 15 minutes to return!

The reason we need to look at this view is to determine what archived redo logs we can remove once they have been applied. But having a query that only returns after 15 minutes is ridiculous. We've tried to analyze the view's underlying tables to no avail. The view itself is very complicated.

So I'd like to know how how you have either tuned DBA_LOGSTDBY_PROGRESS, or found another way of querying the standby's progress.

Many Thank,s

Leng.

Leng Kaing
Email: leng.kaing_at_team.telstra.com
Phone: +61-3-9203-7589
Mobile: +61-417-371-348

Author: Kaing, Leng
  INET: Leng.Kaing_at_team.telstra.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Aug 26 2003 - 01:54:26 CDT