RE: Query results to .csv

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:04:31 -0800

Thanks Tanel
  We will undoubtedly use export/import for the many small tables. We are looking for alternatives that will perform even faster. The insert phase seems to be the slowest part, and that is where SQL*Loader in direct path really shines. Now the next issue is how to produce a CSV file as fast as possible, and so far it looks like Jared's Perl program is the clear winner.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com