Re: automatic switchover??

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:34:30 -0800

Joe,

I don't know the right answer but you may use this link

http://otn.oracle.com/deploy/availability/content.html

which was pointed out by Larry M. Carpenter, Principal Engineer, Dataguard Development Server Technologies, Oracle Corporation during a recent workshop in NJ. He is a guru on that project and may be of great help if you be able to contact him. Unfortunately I don't have his email or phone contact.

Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 07:59:25 -0800

I'm heading to a data guard meeting in a couple of days, have implemented it a few times and the DBAs have always been anal enough to NOT want automatic switchover to standby server, they wanted to control it. All said and good, new client(damagement) wants the switchover to happen automagically. I've been trying to find it anywhere but it always seems that someone must type the "alter database commit to switchover to standby" on primary and after success, 'alter database commit to switchover to primary' on the original standby.

I know DG broker handles the applying of logs, etc but i dont see an option to make those commands to switchover automatically happen, i'm thinking its that way ON PURPOSE or am i missing something here?

thanks, joe

--

Joseph S Testa
Chief Technology Officer Data Management Consulting p: 614-791-9000

Author: Joe Testa
  INET: jtesta_at_dmc-it.com

<b>MSN 8:</b> Get 6 months for $9.95/month. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

Author: M Rafiq
  INET: rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Aug 19 2003 - 12:34:30 CDT