Re: GREAT SCOTT!! 1.21 GIGAWATTS!!

From: <Kip.Bryant_at_Vishay.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:19:28 -0800

Tanel,

A "co-location" site is a service provider that sells space to companies for their systems so one large physical site could be hosting the servers of dozens and dozens of companies. Picture one really huge computer room filled with rows of cages and each cage houses servers for one company like Ebay, Lycos, etc.

Kip

|> It's situations like this that make me love collocations. We basically
|> get to be part of a co-op that pays someone else to worry about power,
|> fire and physical security.

|Sorry, I'm not a native english speaker, but what the heck does collocation
|mean?

|Tanel.

|--
|Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net
|--
|Author: Tanel Poder
| INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee

|Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com
|San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services
|To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message
|to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in
|the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L
|(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may
|also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

  INET: Kip.Bryant_at_Vishay.com