Re: GREAT SCOTT!! 1.21 GIGAWATTS!!

From: Robert Eskridge <bryny_at_dfweahs.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:34:31 -0800

Your subject line looks like a quote from "Back to the Future".

>From the perspective of (a) being in Dallas, and (b) having all our
database servers in hardened collocations with redundant onsite generators, my experience was pretty much having a few beers. I felt spiritually obligated to follow Bloomberg's advice to "drink lots of liquids".

We did see three of our monitored client's clients fall off line (about 2%).

It's situations like this that make me love collocations. We basically get to be part of a co-op that pays someone else to worry about power, fire and physical security.

-rje

Author: Robert Eskridge
  INET: bryny_at_dfweahs.net