[Q] limit user privilege to see the schema through ODBC??

From: mike mon <mccdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:04:24 -0800

We have ORACLE 9ir2 on UNIX server. Our users normally access DB through ODBC. The tools on PC side may be MS Access or Crystal report. When users connect to DB through ODBC, their have lot of tables, views will show on screen. Those tables and view include sys and system tables like:

    public.dbaXXXXX
    public.dbmsXXXX
    public.gvXXXXX
    public.v$XXX
    public.x$XXXX

Does their has way to elimit it and only show the tables or view we grant it?

Thanks.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Author: mike mon
  INET: mccdba_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Aug 13 2003 - 11:04:24 CDT