Re: ora 1575?

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 06:29:22 -0800

Tanel hit the nail on the head. In the past, ORA-01575 was usually associated with temporary tablespaces that were DMT and not tablespace type "TEMPORARY" (which started in Oracle7.3). First and foremost, please make sure you are using a TEMPORARY tablespace which is locally-managed and uses TEMPFILEs...

It might be interesting to monitor V$LOCK for TYPE = 'ST' to see what sessions are holding this enqueue. If the activity is too transient, perhaps querying V$SESSION_EVENT where EVENT = 'enqueue' might indirectly imply which sessions have waited on an enqueue (not necessarily "ST", thought!) sometime in the past...

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com