RE: Raid 1 vs Raid 5 for tablespaces

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:04:22 -0800

For the record, I often suggest using RAID level 5 with the group size set to 2.

:)=)

(In case you're interested, RAID level 5 with G=2 *is* RAID level 1.)

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com

Upcoming events:

- Hotsos Clinic 101 in Denver, Sydney
- Hotsos Symposium 2004, March 7-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...