RE: Event 10235

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:39:23 -0800

Pls set event 10235 to protect your memory structures immediately :(

Today we encountered ora-0600 [17182] which begins "Oracle has detected that the magic number in the <blah> has been overwritten" or in other words a heap corruption. Killing off the rogue process and issuing a sensible select helped enormously, but I do regret getting no further than 'magic number' before falling apart with laughter. I;m afraid I had images of heap structures without '42' in the header and oracle dying an uncontrollable death - perhaps I should get out more?

Niall

Author: Niall Litchfield
  INET: niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com