RE: SharePlex Summary

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:24:23 -0800

Hrrrmm - regardless of what Oracle is running, the kernel is 64-bit, so the locally represented 32-bit addresses are converted to 64-bit addresses for all memory operations anyway. And I'm pretty sure the PA-RISC architecture uses a 64-bit wide bus, so moving an address to a register is still a 1-cycle operation.

Now, where there could be a performance hit is poor 64-bit compiler design....I wonder what Oracle used.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito