RE: OUI: Oracle Untested Infuriator

From: Babette Turner-Underwood <babette_at_rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 20:59:55 -0800

You might enjoy knowing that OUI is not used on the mainframe. Just old fashioned JCL and tapes and CLISTs for Oracle 9.2

BUT for Oracle 10i, there are rumors that Oracle will provide a CD that will be used for installation that will use OUI

And you thought using the XServer stuff on UNIX was distracting, We can't mount the CD on the mainframe directly, will be ftping the whole thing across and then trying to get it working on the USS side of the mainframe...

NO, NO, NO, NOoooooooooo

Author: Niall Litchfield
  INET: niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com

Author: Babette Turner-Underwood
  INET: babette_at_rogers.com