RE: SQL Loader Concatenate date and time

From: Bob Metelsky <bmetelsky_at_cps92.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:00:49 -0800

Hi Jonathan

        Thanks for answering my question. I diddnt realise you could querry colums ahead of the current line. Ive applied functions (in a ctl file) to the current column, but diddnt realise I could || the next column

My working ctl file

Thanks again

bob

LOAD DATA
INFILE 'F:\11NETSHARE\528fwlog.txt'
BADFILE 'F:\11NETSHARE\mybad.txt'
append
INTO TABLE fw_log
FIELDS TERMINATED BY WHITESPACE OPTIONALLY enclosed by '"' TRAILING(
id SEQUENCE(MAX,1),
log_id char,
log_date char "TO_DATE(:log_date || ' ' || :log_time,'ddMonyyyy

hh24:mi:ss')",
log_time CHAR,
vpn_type char,

interface char,