Re: Problem with TOAD

From: Doug <dcowles_at_i84.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:44:39 -0800

Don't know if this helps but there are a handful of bugs with ORA-980's..with 9i Some of them are inaccessible. I ran into this problem and switched the synonym from private to public per Oracle's advice and got around it for the time being until I could put on the .3 patchset.. or was it from public to private? Not sure.
I still haven't gotten the .3 patchset on either. The symptom was that a synonym appears valid by any stretch until it is accessed by a procedure and then the error is thrown. To track down these problems I put each synonym in a 3 line procedure that just did a select count. Maybe Toad is trying to do something other than make a simple connection.

Author: Doug
  INET: dcowles_at_i84.net