Re: dbms_stats broken

From: Kirtikumar Deshpande <kirtikumar_deshpande_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 20:34:40 -0800

Hello Lisa Monkey,

 What platform are you jumping up on?
 Do you have tables with lots of branches.. er.. partitions?

 I have been using dbms_stats to collect stale stats on HP-UX 11.0 with a 8.1.7.4 database. These are not partitioned tables. All are being 'monitored', the script to collect stale stats runs every morning as some tables are truncated and reloaded, while others are modified. I get a report of all tables that were found to have 'stale' stats and got analyzed.

Here is my today's report : (HRWT is the database, HRW is the schema) df2hptest [HRWT]: more gather_stale_stats_HRWT_HRW.log Connected.

Owner HRW : TABLE -> "ATH_EMPLOYEE"
Owner HRW : TABLE -> "CTLR_KEYERS"
Owner HRW : TABLE -> "CUR_EMPLOYEES"
Owner HRW : TABLE -> "EMERGENCY_CONTACTS"
Owner HRW : TABLE -> "EXT_BA_EMPLOYEES"
Owner HRW : TABLE -> "EXT_GTE_EMPLOYEES"
Owner HRW : TABLE -> "LKP_EMPL_NAME"
Owner HRW : TABLE -> "MSS_APPLICATION_DIR"

Can you please post the Metalink reference about the problem with DBMS_STATS in 8.1.7.4? I know that the global stats (histograms) for partitioned tables is an issue, but would like to know of other problems as well.

Thanks.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM). http://calendar.yahoo.com
Author: Kirtikumar Deshpande