RE: SAP Hands SAP DB over to MySQL

From: <Kip.Bryant_at_Vishay.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:49:40 -0800

Maybe it is just so they can continue to say they're "not a database company" (insert sound of condescension) to emphasize their "focus on applications excellence" in the veiled jabs they continue to make at Oracle. On the other hand, I can't imagine they would give up development control because they do make a specialized version of SAP DB for "object oriented" programming (they say they couldn't find a product that worked "correctly"...).

Kip

|I dunno. Though both want to make a profit ( and rightly so ) SAP
|doesn't seem to have the same mercenary mentality that MS has.

|Jared

|"Orr, Steve" <sorr_at_rightnow.com>