RE: skip scan index

From: Freeman Robert - IL <FREEMANR_at_tusc.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:28:17 -0800

>> Trifling.... even if we do an FTS

Until your developers develop a query next month that joins that table to the 200 million row table they are planning on installing but just forgot to tell you about.

Developers are funny that way.....

"Excuse me, did you plan any indexing on this table??" "Hints? We don't need no stinking hints, the optimzer is way to smart to need hints."

Robert

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: wisernet100_at_yahoo.com

Author: Freeman Robert - IL