Re: Oracle Installation on Novell

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 05:35:17 -0800

Jack,
 We run 7.3.4 on Novell 4.2.
The major bug we find is that there is a memory problem that is cleared when the server is rebooted.
 Another problem we encounter is that the server connection protocal runs really slow( 1-2 minutes) from time to time when the other servers (Novell 6+ OS) are rebooted. Then we have to reboot the 4.2 server and it runs okay. Novell is/has dropped all support for the older OS versions and Oracle does not support a Novell platform any more. The install instructions that come with the Oracle were complete and did not require any special activity when I loaded 7.3.4. I would try to convince the leaders to use another OS. Ron

>>> JACK_at_QUANTSYSTEMS.NL 05/26/03 04:56AM >>>
Hi All,

I was asked to one of these days install oracle on novell. I have no experience with novell so I am now checking if there are any pitfalls I should be aware of.

I have already checked and figured out that only 8.1.7 on novell 5.1 is
supported.

Anybody with some input???

TIA     Jack

Author: Ron Rogers