RE: 280R vs 240V

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 13:03:49 -0800

David - I haven't benchmarked these. If you can, you should perform a small benchmark with your application. Can you split your database between two servers? If not, how will you get around this issue? Will your method require more DBA maintenance work? Often the money you save at purchase seems very small as you struggle with a difficult situation over many years. On the other hand if you are a consultant, you can make your customer happy now and increase your fees for years to come. Just kidding.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: David Turner
  INET: turner_at_tellme.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri May 23 2003 - 16:03:49 CDT