RE: 10046 tracing in PRO C programs?

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 14:18:09 -0800

Glenn,

I think the "TRACE DUMP CONTINUED FROM FILE" message occurs because file is actually opened by the SET TRACEFILE_IDENTIFIER command, and then "re-opened" by the SET EVENTS command. I see this all the time, except that after the "***" line, there's a whole trace file full of stuff.

Please forgive me if the following question seems impertinent (you seem to well know what you're doing)... Are you sure that in your test situation, your code actually makes database calls that should show up in your trace data?

Aside from that, you can try leaving out the SET TRACEFILE_IDENTIFER out and seeing what happens. This will at least get rid of the "TRACE DUMP CONTINUED FROM FILE" message.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com

Author: Glenn Stauffer
  INET: stauffer_at_swarthmore.edu

Author: Cary Millsap
  INET: cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 22 2003 - 17:18:09 CDT