RE: Oracle client size on AIX

From: Stephen Murphy <SMurphy_at_uamail.albany.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:46:57 -0800

We recently did a client-only install on our new IBM 650 pServers using Oracle 9.2 and AIX 5.2. The Oracle Home came out to be just under 700 Meg.

While were on the subject of Client-Only installs, is it really necessary to run preroot.sh for a client install or is that just if you are going to run a full server install? We asked around and didn't get a firm answer so we ran it to be safe but still have a feeling that it wasn't truly necessary. It didn't seem to do much when it ran.

Inquiring minds want to know.
--

*
Author: Gurelei
  INET: gurelei_at_yahoo.com

Author: Stephen Murphy
  INET: SMurphy_at_uamail.albany.edu

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue May 20 2003 - 15:46:57 CDT