Re: redo logs

From: Binley Lim <Binley.Lim_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 07:01:50 -0800

UNDO is not strictly stored in the REDO. It is stored in the rollback segments, but because the rollback is written to, it is a change to the datafile(s) that contains the rollback, that change is written as a change-vector to the redo (for rollforward, not rollback, purposes).Which is why you can do a massive rollback regardless of how many times the redo logs have switched over.

Author: Binley Lim
  INET: Binley.Lim_at_xtra.co.nz