8i to 9i upgrade OCP sample questions

From: Eberhard, Jeff <Jeff.Eberhard_at_Rolls-RoyceGS.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:11:40 -0800

Hi all,

I purchased a small study guide/practice exam for the Oracle 9i: New Features for Administrators. I have started going through it and have found a couple of questionable questions/answers. Before I contact their support I would like to verify my doubts. Does anyone agree with their answers.

<PRACTICE_EXAM>

You created a database by using the Database Configuration Assistant. What must you do to access a user account in the sample schemas?

  1. Create the user account and unlock the account.
  2. Create the user account and define a password.
  3. Unlock the user account and define a password.
  4. Set the 07_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY parameter to true.

Answer: D.
</PRACTICE_EXAM>

Isn't the answer actually C? (Page 1-5 in the Oracle 9i: New Features for Administrators Student Guide Edition 2.0 July 2002)

<PRACTICE_EXAM>

Which two are true regarding automatic space management segments? (Choose two.)

  1. You can create an automatic space management segment in a dictionary-managed tablespace.
  2. You can create an automatic space management segment only in a locally managed tablespace.
  3. You can successfully invoke the DBMS_SPACE.FREE_BLOCKS procedure on an automatic space management segment
  4. You CANNOT successfully invoke the DBMS_SPACE.FREE_BLOCKS procedure on an automatic space management segment.

Answer: C, D.
</PRACTICE_EXAM>

How can the can be both C and D? Don't the two statements contradict themselves or is it an "it depends" answer.

Thanks,
Jeff Eberhard

Author: Eberhard, Jeff
  INET: Jeff.Eberhard_at_Rolls-RoyceGS.com