Re: SQL TRACE

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 11:46:46 -0800

Ya know, I tried that (i.e. "alter system set events '10046 trace name context off'"), but it didn't work.

At least on the 81740 and 92010 instances I'm testing on -- maybe you've had different luck?

The AFTER LOGON triggers didn't prevent the trace files from being created, but they were all turned off after about 15Kb of output (from SQL*Plus startup). In the end, I found I had no alternative except to deal with it from the session level, and the AFTER LOGON trigger just made it easier...

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com