Re: Import 8.1.6 to 9.2.0.1 weirdness

From: <Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 07:36:55 -0800

Refer Note: 223399.1. A data corruption can occur if the buffer parameter has been set to a value so more than 32,768 rows will be fetched.

Effects version 8.1.7.3 and above. Has been fixed in 9.2.0.3. For other versions theres a workaround.

Regards
Raj

                    Prem Khanna J
                    <jprem_at_kssnet.       To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    co.jp>               cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Import 8.1.6 to 9.2.0.1 weirdness
                    root_at_fatcity.c
                    om

                    05/15/2003
                    11:28 PM
                    Please respond
                    to ORACLE-L

Jared,

sorry to drag away from the topic.
i read in a metalink doc that large BUFFER size during EXP may result in corrupt DMP file.

is it no so ? is 10M (compared to 32768) not large ?

just curious to know !

Regards,
Jp.

Author: Prem Khanna J