RE: latch free - library cache

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 07:51:15 -0800

100% CPU utilization will cause any running process to be extremely slow finishing what it's supposed to do while holding any needed shared resources.

High cpu utilization could be the cause if the apps need more CPU power than the available or could be symptom of another problem (bad sql, bug, tuning).

My suggestion, if your shared pool is really 800M, lower it to 200M, and see how it performs.

Also that process that eats the CPU time, needs to be investigated, and tuned.

100% cpu utilization can not be reached except having all the CPUs busy all the time.

How many CPU in the server?

Waleed

Author: Dilip
INET: dilip7772002_at_indiatimes.com

Author: Khedr, Waleed
INET: Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM

Author: Dilip
  INET: dilip7772002_at_indiatimes.com

Author: Khedr, Waleed
  INET: Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 15 2003 - 10:51:15 CDT