plsql algorithm to print dollar amounts in english

From: Steve McClure <smcclure_at_usscript.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:46:51 -0800

Listers,

I have just been asked if I know of a resource for an algorithm to print numeric dollar amounts out in english. This is for a check writing program, and way back in the day I actually put one of these together for a client. I don't have that code any more, and in any event would like to avoid recreating the wheel. I am certian lots of folks have addressed this issue, I am hoping to find a published algorithm out there that will at least keep me from starting from scratch. My initial Google searches have not been productive, so I figured I would try here for a tip.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve McClure

Author: Steve McClure
  INET: smcclure_at_usscript.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 14 2003 - 20:46:51 CDT