STATUS INACTIVE in V$session

From: Jose Luis Delgado <joseluis_delgado_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 09:06:38 -0800

DBAs....
Hi to everybody...!!

I was wondering about v$session entries with INACTIVE status, and OS processes...

I have a lot of entries on a database with oil apps, getting this output (this is a short list, the full list is larger) (see at end).

then:
if I do:
sql> !ps -ef | grep <Some OSPID> I get:

  oracle 19850 1 0 May 08 ? 0:04 oracleowchiche
(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=no)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)))

As you can see... it has PPID = 1...
I think they are hung processes.

How can I make sure of that? is there a way of cleaning that processes from the DB?

Any clues?

TIA. JL

SID SERIAL OSUSER OSPID STATUS SCHEMA TYPE
--- ----- ------------ --------- -------- ----------

59 1062 oracle 1950 INACTIVE SYSTEM USER
60 853 abk04 2286 INACTIVE FINALTAR USER
61 1657 abk03 19850 INACTIVE TAR_E USER
64 1150 abk05 11107 INACTIVE OWSYS USER
66 3815 abk03 1877 INACTIVE OWSYS USER
67 3103 oracle 7169 INACTIVE DBSNMP USER
68 127 abk04 1834 INACTIVE FIELD_CAAN USER
69 529 abk03 10883 INACTIVE FINALTAR USER
70 32 abk03 10881 INACTIVE OWSYS USER
74 25 abk03 2205 INACTIVE KANAAB USER
75 53 abk03 2210 INACTIVE OWSYS USER
76 10 abk03 2212 INACTIVE KANAAB USER