RE: prevent database down

From: Jack van Zanen <JACK_at_QUANTSYSTEMS.NL>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 00:01:39 -0800

what version of Oracle?

If by down you mean the oracle process takes up all CPU and new connections do not get serviced (just sit there on the login and do not get any message back) and you are on 8.1.7.3 you might want to look into applying patchset 8.1.7.4.1 (or higher). There are some memory related bugs that can cause this behaviour.

Jack

Author: zions swordfish
  INET: zettira_at_lycos.com

Author: Jack van Zanen
  INET: JACK_at_QUANTSYSTEMS.NL
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue May 13 2003 - 03:01:39 CDT