RE: RE: Renaming tablespace by updating SYS.TS$

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 05:51:30 -0800

That would mean that your Table names are different. The TableName in one Tablespace is "TAB1", the TableName in the other is "TAB".

{you really can't do a "create synonym X for tablespace.tab", it is "create synonym X for schema.tab"}

If the TableNames are different and you can create synonyms referencing the tables,
why do you need to change Tablespace names in TS$?

hemant

Author: Hemant K Chitale
  INET: hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg