RE: NULLS vs. DUMMYING DATA

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 11:31:43 -0800

I happen to think that "dummying up data" is a BAD idea no matter where it is. True, your program has to handle the nulls, but that sure is better than indexing a pile of spaces or 0's.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

Author: Goulet, Dick
  INET: DGoulet_at_vicr.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 08 2003 - 14:31:43 CDT