RE: buffer cache

From: Darrell Landrum <DLANDRUM_at_zalecorp.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 10:14:58 -0800

I'm ready for Jonathon's next book.
Along those lines, I think Amazon is going to start charging me for frequent searches to see if your book is available for pre-order yet.

>>> cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com 05/08/03 11:52AM >>> High BCHR is not *necessarily* bad, as Zhu Chao says. But, a systemwide BCHR
in excess of 95% or so is often an indication of one or more inefficiencies
that can result in greatly improved performance if corrected:

For more information, see my "Why a 99% buffer cache hit ratio is *not* ok",
and perhaps Jonathan will tell you how to access his "The database gets
better but the metrics look worse" article that he presented at IOUG.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com

Upcoming events:
- Hotsos Clinic 101 in London, Reykjavik, Ottawa, Dallas, Washington, Denver, Sydney
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...

Author: zhu chao
  INET: chao_ping_at_vip.163.com

Author: Cary Millsap