Re: Standby/Replicated database for reporting functionality

From: Alessandro Guimarães <alessandro_at_applysolutions.com.br>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 10:02:09 -0800

Hi,
For 8i
Basic Replication :
Oracle8i server fully supports bi-directional replication with automated conflict detection and resolution. Supported configurations include a single updatable master site with multiple updatable or read-only snapshot sites. Advanced :
includes basic replication functionality plus multi-master replication, Replication Manager, and parallel propagation to maximize throughput.

9i :
Advanced:
Includes basic replication plus multi-master replication functionality. Advanced Replication includes online DML during replication environment changes, Replication Manager, and parallel propagation to maximize throughput.

Alessandro Guimaraes

Author: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Alessandro_Guimar=E3es?=
  INET: alessandro_at_applysolutions.com.br