RE: Standby/Replicated database for reporting functionality

From: Patterson, Mark <Mark.Patterson_at_organon.ie>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 07:16:53 -0800

Hi all,

again many thanks for your responses.
Think I'm going to try to take the replication approach as opposed to a standby database. Hopefully basic/simple replication will support my requirements and I will be able to somehow manually manage the DDL on the "read-only" node.

Arup, just to clarify; the overlying application, "JDEdwards OneWorld", does not create tables on the fly. However it is responsible for the creation of new database tables if and when new functionality requires it. It will also manage the promotion of new functionality and the underlying supporting objects (database tables) from one environment to another environment.

Hopefully it will be possible to catch the creation of database objects and create them manually in the "read-only" node as both you and Ade described or similar.

Can't comment on the link Dennis provided as its not working for me right now but appreciate it all the same and am sure it will work for me later.

Thanks again,
Mark.

This message, including attached files, may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use by the individual and/or the entity to which it is addressed. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of, or copying of the information contained herein is not allowed and may lead to irreparable harm and damage for which you may be held liable. If you receive this message in error or if it is intended for someone else please notify the sender by returning this e-mail immediately and delete the message.

Author: Patterson, Mark
  INET: Mark.Patterson_at_organon.ie
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 08 2003 - 10:16:53 CDT