RE: Database Ethics/Career Path

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 12:54:25 -0800

I left working for a COTS development group that totally avoided quality for getting the product out the door ASAP and increasing their profit margin. They were developing a mission-critical hospital system. I was one experienced IT person (besides the lead developer) with a small team of inexperienced development staff and project management staff - again profit margin. I looked at my 2 small children, realized I would loose a lot of sleepless nights worrying about the integrity of the system and overall architecture and unable to convince the less experienced and the pointy-haired to change their approach and walked away from the job after 2 months. The company that subcontracted with the group asked me to join their team as they liked my ideas. Again, I looked at my two little children........ Then there was this cool data warehousing assignment in another city and I looked at my 2 little boys..... I am a sucker for those 2 cute little boys and my ideals for a happy family life. However, I don't think the personal life is dead - yet.

Paula

Oracle OCP DBA

Author: Odland, Brad
  INET: Brad.Odland_at_qtiworld.com

  INET: Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 15:54:25 CDT