Re: RE: My career path and Oracle?

From: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 10:12:32 -0800

ive noticed the same thing. Employers want OCPs and degrees these days. gotta give them what they want.

This seems to be especially true with US government contracting. It also affects pay rates. I've also noticed in the DC area that larger consulting companies want 'Big 5' consulting experience as in Booze Allen, etc... For some reason they think if you do the same job for them you are more skilled. They often want that big 5 experience over well known and well established Oracle consulting companies.

I didnt intend to be snobby in the post. Just pointing out what I see in the market.

Author: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net