RE: temp file does not exist

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 05:46:37 -0800

Maria

   Oracle doesn't consider temp files to contain critical information, so it doesn't recover them. I had just the symptom you are experiencing last week. What you need to do is ALTER TABLESPACE ADD TEMPFILE. If you still have your tempfile, you can specify REUSE. If not, then you'll have to add the storage parameters so Oracle can create it.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 60%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Maria Aurora de la Vega
  INET: mtdelavega_at_pse.org.ph

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 01 2003 - 08:46:37 CDT