Re: OEM 4

From: <oracle_at_toronto.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:53:39 -0800

Having read the article promoting OEM 4 in Oracle Magazine - which I assume is at least a couple of weeks out of date by the time it arrives in the "backward" EU, I naively raised a software request TAR on Metalink.

A couple of days later I got an apologetic message from Oracle Customer Services to the effect that the product was not yet available.

Vapourware. A new policy from Oracle.

(I also think the new numbering scheme is a bit strange given that I was told just last week by our distributor for Oracle that the database, AS and Apps were supposed to line up in the future.)

Cheers,

John Thomas

StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com wrote:
> I'll ask the Oracle person that's doing a presentation here in Phoenix
> at the AZORA meeting next week.
>
> Stephen

> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone aware of when OEM 4 will be available. I've been looking
> around
> on Metalink and can't seem to find anything about it. It was used at
> the
> Oracle Tech Day here in Greensboro this week and the web interface
> looks to
> have been really improved.
>
> TIA,
>
> John P Weatherman
> Oracle Database Administrator
> Replacements, Ltd.

> Author: John Weatherman
> INET: john.weatherman_at_replacements.com

> Author: Stephen Andert
> INET: StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com

  INET: oracle_at_toronto.demon.co.uk