Unable to lock file

From: Bahar, Rivaldi (BBASSI-CHQ) <rivaldi.bahar_at_bbassi.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 06:38:47 -0800

Hi Listers,

Oracle 8174, HP 11.00

I got the following error when starting up the database thru crontab job at 2 am in the morning. It happened after we shutdown the unix machine.

Errors in file /u07/app/oracle/admin/sfmsprod/bdump/dbw0_1705_sfmsprod.trc:

ORA-01157: cannot identify/lock data file 13 - see DBWR trace file
ORA-01110: data file 13: '/u05/oradata/sfmsprod/fmidx_02.dbf'
ORA-27086: skgfglk: unable to lock file - already in use
HP-UX Error: 46: No locks available

I increased the nflocks parameter from 200 to 1000 as Metablink said. But still got the error.
Any idea why ?
At 8 am when I get in the office, I startup the database manually and everything
was OK.

Thanks.
Rivaldi

This e-mail, including any attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and is intended for use only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.

Author: Bahar, Rivaldi (BBASSI-CHQ)
  INET: rivaldi.bahar_at_bbassi.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Mar 28 2003 - 08:38:47 CST