RE: sysresv doesn't work on AIX

From: Nelson, Allan <anelson_at_midf.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 07:04:30 -0800

I did some testing with this on HP-UX 11.00 and 11.11. What appears to matter is the userid, should be the owner of the the shmem seg. For instance I have a machine with multiple instances. Some are owned by oraa and the others are owned by orab. These databases have different Oracle homes. Each ora user can see all the shmem segements in their oracle home and none in the other.

Allan

Author: Gilles PARC
  INET: gparc_at_online.fr

command for other information (like subscribing).

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Copying, forwarding or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.  This email may have been monitored for policy compliance.  [021216]

Author: Nelson, Allan
  INET: anelson_at_midf.com