RE: Syntax for foreign key

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:39:01 -0800

Indexes are only automatically created to enforce primary key and unique constraints.
If you want an index to match the columns of a foreign key constraint, you will have to do it separately.
P.S. If you already have a non-unique index on the PK or unique constraint column(s), then Oracle will use that one to enforce the PK or unique constraint.

Author: Jacques Kilchoer
  INET: Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com