what did I miss? -- nologging generating redo

From: Steve McClure <smcclure_at_usscript.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:15:43 -0800

Allright I have a developer that is loading a few gig of historical data, that will only be used for a very short period of time. I wanted to avoid dealing with all the redo this is going to create. I created a new tablespace using the nologging option. The table and it's indexes were created with the nologging option. Yet as the developer started his load, using sqlloader, I got swamped with redo logs. The only problem this presents is that we have a standby db that is located offsite, and at times when we have heavy redo activity the archiver processes swamp our bandwidth. So no harm was really done, except I have to manually transfer all those archived logs. I am just wondering what I missed.

Thanks, Received on Thu Mar 20 2003 - 17:15:43 CST